Wednesday, November 17, 2010

About: Forgiveness

So yeah, I've been soooo flip flopping sick this last week that I could not create!  GRRRR!!!  I hate when that happens, truly.  Forced to take a few days off from work, school, life, etc. for no other reason but to cough like you're hacking up a lung, chest burning, blah blah blah.

Well, I am back from my hiatus and the first cards I made are:
from me to mom

from the girls to grandma
These cards are for my mom, who because of family politics too lengthy to explain here ;) has been absent from my life for the last few months.  We will leave that there.

So, the reason I named this entry "About: Forgiveness" is because well if there were anything that I have not perfected is FORGIVENESS.  It is a flaw in me that prevents me from being totally whole.  I admire individuals that get hurt from an individual and turn around and embrace that same individual in their lives after a short period of time.  I just can't do that.  There is something inherent in me that makes it easier for me to just walk away and forget that person ever even existed in my world. 

It's kind of childish, I am sure it is.  But one of the things that I have mastered is the ability to realize when a relationship has reached its end, or has become toxic.  It may not be until years later when I find a photo tucked into a book, or run across that person at a social event, and now thanks to the wonders of Facebook, I get a friends request, that I think about the person.  And the funny thing is, I always think of the good things first.  But I am getting better.  I really am.  I promise, pinky promise, that I will grow up and learn about this FORGIVENESS thing. 

There is one saving grace, my two young women.  I have forgiven minor offenses, Bazzil Bling paper used to keep score of UNO games, giraffe figurines crashed, heehee minor offenses.  As they grow, I know I will be faced with more serious issues but I could never imagine walking away from these two ladies.  I thank the Higher Power for blessing me with a direct link to my more human side.

SUPPLIES USED:  Die Cuts With a View patterned card stock; ribbon & rhinestones from my stash; Stickles Ice; Me & My Big Ideas sentiment and flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment