Wednesday, November 3, 2010

About: Blooming Where You Are Planted

One of my favorite sayings is "Bloom where you are planted", I credit Mary Engelbreit because the first time I heard about that saying it was on one of her calendars.  

I ensure I surround myself (and my girls) with people I genuinely enjoy being around.  People that inspire, that act upon situations, that refuse to be victims, they stand for something, that are open minded, that like to laugh yet aren't afraid to cry, they take different directions when they need to BLOOM.  

When I moved back home to NYC, I left the most amazing circle of friends any woman could ever dream of having.  Phenomenal? Caring? Strong? Intelligent? Wise? hmmm all of the above.  These women helped me heal parts of me that I didn't know were broken.  I was content, the Higher Power had blessed me with knowing these women, and being graced with their presence for almost 5 years.  
  
Being blessed with good friends, I thought it could not possibly get better.  That was my view until I met the wonderful friends I met in NYC. I feel fortunate to know the people I know, I love them for all the different things they are, and most importantly for the common thread among all of them. From my BFF from HS Nicole, to my Army pals in Hawaii, to the grand PPPs at SIUE, to my co-worker gals at AHM, my Twinplets HunnyBear & Sara, my sassy scrapbook pals, now my co-workers at my current job, and of course my only sister mom Baby, you accept me for all I am, and in one way or another helped me BLOOM WHERE I WAS PLANTED.  So I thank you, I love you, and even if we hardly speak, please know I always think about you.

Today I received a call from one of the most spectacular angels that walks the earth. She has been an inspiration to me in so many ways that I could not possibly list them all on here.  I get so happy when I talk to her because she embodies everything that is inherently good in people, and it gives me hope that maybe my girls will be ok in this crazy world.  Sara, thank you for just being who you are.  Hugs.  

This is what my conversation with Sara inspired me to create:


Hope you like!  

Supplies: K&Co.: "bloom" sticker", DCWV Garden Party Stack: patterned cardstock, Sizzix: turquoise adhesive paper, Spellbinders: Labels 9 die, Recollections: brown cardstock, ribbon & bling from  my stash.




No comments:

Post a Comment